Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 6--London, plane, Denmark, Sweden

July 14

Today is the day that we part ways, Jenny going back home and me to Sweden. We woke up early to take the tube and the train to catch our flights. We wanted to get to the airport in a hurry so that we would be on the plane for sure (not miss it).

We arrived to the airport without any adventure, and said bye to each other at the train stop for Terminal 1-3. It was sad to leave my traveling partner, especially since we had a great time together. I hope we can travel together again!

I boarded the train to get to Terminal 5, where British Airways would fly me from London to Copenhagen, Denmark. I checked in, and went through security with no problems so I ate some breakfast at Wagamama's restaurant where I ate some scrambled eggs, toast and drank a large glass of Orange Juice. The orange juice in Europe tastes more fresher, less sugary. I drank several glasses of Orange Juice in my last 5 days' stay in Europe! I still had some time left before I found my gate and boarded the plane. Gates for airplanes do not show up on the screens until 60 minutes before departure, so I stayed in the terminal, did a little duty free shopping (got a London purse because I had been using Jenny's bag and with Jenny gone, how would I carry my passport, money, etc.).

The gate finally showed up on the screen and I walked over to the gate to wait a little more before I could board the plane. I read my book, Deep Dish, while waiting.

I boarded the plane and finally took off from London. For the short (2 hour) flight, we got a choice of two kinds of sandwiches and a drink. British Airways really take care of their customers!

I finally saw Copenhagen below and landed in the airport. I was a little worried I would not be able to find Linda, Magnus and their son, Albert in the mass of blonde hair/blue eyed people! Thankfully, Linda found me first and waved her hands so I went over to them and hugged everyone.

We took the train over the water into Malmo, Sweden where Linda, Albert and Magnus got some hotdog. It apparently is popular in Sweden/Denmark because they are sold almost everywhere! The hotdogs there is about a foot long with a bun that is smaller than them (regular hotdog bun).

We drove over to South Sandby where they live and chilled at home for the rest of the day. Albert and Magnus played in the water while Linda and I caught up on news! It is good to see Linda again and she is the same old self--smiling and laughing a lot! That is what I like about her! :) It feels as if we were never apart all this time.

She showed me around her house and explained what has been renovated. The last time I came (November 2006 for a long weekend during Thanksgiving break), they had just bought and moved into the house so it was still "new". This time around, I saw some personal touches (more by Albert as noted by the kid stuff and toys around! :) The last time I came, Albert was 6 months old, and did not have a big impact on the house as he does now at 3 years old) and noticed some changes around the house. They still have a nice house nonetheless!

To see a short photo album for the 6th day, go to http://picasaweb.google.com/suzyki/Day6LondonAirportSweden?authkey=Gv1sRgCNbj4qeGkumDIw&feat=directlink.

2 comments:

  1. Suzy, it´s also good to see you and I felt the same way about you. It´s easy to talk to you and laugh with you. I can be stupid and you still laugh at me..like that when I helped Albert when he would pee outside hahaha..
    It was wonderful to have you here with us. I hope I will come and visit you soon in 1-2 years :)
    Looking forward to read more of your travel blog :)
    HUGS oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that was hilarious!!!!! Have the pic in the next entry! :)

    OXOXOX

    ReplyDelete