Friday, August 14, 2009

One more thing...

I forgot to include a funny story to my blog posting for my flight to London on July 8th.

British Airways has assigned seating so when I checked in, I made sure to pick a seat next to a window. I had to change my seat assignment because I was assigned to sit in one of those middle rows between two aisles.

I boarded the plane and I found my seat. When I got to my seat, there was a woman in the aisle seat so I tapped on her shoulder to get her to look at me and I was going to ask her to move. She talked to me but did not look at me so I had a feeling that she was blind. I went to the row in front of me in hopes that the person sitting there would not mind switching seats with me. A guy walked up to me who was supposed to sit in that seat in front of my seat. I asked him if he wanted to switch seats but he did not so I went back to the blind woman and tapped her shoulder again. She talked to me. The guy told me he thinks she is blind. I told him yes, and I am Deaf. He giggled and talked to her to ask her to move. She got up so I could get to my seat. I sat down and was wondering how I could get her to get up if I had to go to the bathroom during the flight. While I was wondering that, the guy and the woman chatted. After about 5 minutes, a lightbulb went off in his head, looked at me and said "Oh, you want to sit here because of her?". I said yes so we switched seats. Whew! Imagine! A Deaf woman sitting next to a blind woman... Wonder how that would work out! :) The rest of my flight was good!

When I landed in London, I thanked the man many times for being willing to switch seats!

1 comment: