So... This past weekend, I went to Chicago and as an added bonus, we have Monday October 12th off for Columbus Day so I stayed in Chicago for 3 nights! I originally went there to watch Abby's performance at her Improv school, but when I got there, I found out that she is also going to run part of the Chicago Marathon. Both happened on the same day! It was a bit chilly in Chicago and some parts of the midwest actually got snow!
The marathon really is 26 miles in its entirety, but Abby only ran 4 of the 26 miles for several reasons. It was a feat in itself only to run part of it! Abby was one of 48,000 people running the marathon, and thankfully, it was not too hard to find her. It was good to finally see her run and pick her up at the 4 mile area. That happened in the morning then in the afternoon, Abby gave a performance with her Improv class.
Dad and I arrived in the place a bit early, found chairs and waited for Abby to come on stage. Dad said that she would come on stage after the group was done with their part, but when the lights came on and an employee told us we had to leave, we knew something was up. I typed "Abby" in my pager and thankfully she led us to another stage and we had not missed her performance yet! Whew! She did a very good job! She will give her final performance on December 19th and I will be there for that one too!
Now I am back in cool Philadelphia and ready for the work week to begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment