I did not feel comfortable playing on my first time at the tournament so maybe in March I will! It was a bit crazy because someone actually paid $120 to play in the Ladies' tournament at 8. The men's tournament started at 9:30 so she got rid of all of her chips without even looking at her cards so she could go and join the men's tournament, which was also $120. She then played in the main event on Saturday morning which was $200. The craziest thing to me was the Friday night events. She paid $120 to play in the ladies' tournament just to blow her money off since she knew she would play in men's tournament. Why didn't she just wait til 9:30 to play in the men's tournament. More money for the winner, I guess...
It was my second time touching Atlantic City and first time staying there. I stayed at the Showboat hotel/casino which was a little strange to me since the Showboat in Las Vegas closed about 15 years ago so I hadn't seen that name in a while. Atlantic City is no Las Vegas, but it will do, I guess. :)
This weekend, I am finally doing nothing and staying around! I am so looking forward to that and really need it! I also have tomorrow off from work! Thanks, Veterans, for everything you did/do for America.
Things really change in an heartbeat, thus my blogpost title. As you may know, I was planning a trip to Puerto Rico in March for my 30th birthday. I reserved a condo that could sleep 6 people. I guess I was a bit of an overachiever because I thought I could get 6 people easily. Well, that proved to be wrong for various reasons (money, work, family, and other commitments) and my friend Jenny suggested that we cancel the trip and go another place. I thought a bit about it and decided that Florida would be an acceptable substitute for a long weekend in February (President's Day weekend). Well, that also proved to be wrong because President's Day weekend is also Valentine's Day weekend and all airfares to Florida were very high. I did not want to make my friends pay for the airfare plus condo fees so I cancelled that one as well. Instead, I decided to have my friends come to Philly and enjoy Philly with me during President's Day weekend. It will be cheaper because they just have to pay for airfare, no lodging fees since they can stay with me. I thought about going to NYC for a night but I think I would rather go snowboarding. Since most (all) of my friends that are coming do not snowboard, I do not think that would be fun so we will go tubing instead! I am really excited about that and as for a beach outing, Jenny and I will go to Cozumel for 4 days in March! I am very excited about that as well. I bought my flight ticket yesterday and there is a bit of story about that!
Jenny and I found a good price on a condo in Cozumel so we decided to go there although plane tickets are a bit on the high side. I looked for a ticket and found one. I thought it was strange that I would be flying into Dallas at 10:35 am and leaving for Cozumel at 10:30 am. I guessed I would have to run to the next gate when I arrived. When I sent Jenny the itinerary, she freaked out and told me that I would be leaving at 10:30 am the NEXT day!!!! I quickly called the airline and they changed my first leg to an earlier flight and all is worked out. I think it is stupid that I almost was stuck in Dallas just for a 5 minute time overlap!!!! I am very very grateful that Jenny noticed it when I did not!!! :)
I am also going to meet Abby up in Erie, PA which is sort of a "middle point" for us. We will be going to an indoor waterpark on Thanksgiving day and then to a ski resort nearby for one night before returning home. I am looking forward to a mini getaway and some mommy/overalls time! :)
I better get moving to the outing, so til next time...
Oh yea.. One last thing.. Remember in one of my old blog posts, I said I would be getting a girl who had a lung transplant into my classroom. Well, the first few weeks were fine, with the support of my team teacher and the nurse. They helped me tremendously during that time. One day 2 weeks ago, my team teacher noticed that her face color was going away (although I did not see it) so she told me that the girl needed to sit down. I got her to sit down with me for a bit and her color did not come back. I took her to the nurse's office. The nurse checked her and saw nothing wrong with her so she rejoined the class after they came back inside. The nurse called her mom and informed her of what happened. Her mom said that had never happened before but called her doctor and the doctor wanted her to come to the ER immediately so she went to the ER after she got home and has been in the ER since then. :( She is on immune suppresant medicine for her lung and she caught a cold so that made her oxygen levels go down. She now is in the ICU and needs more oxygen than she did last week so I am thinking about her and hoping that she gets through this. She will be in the hospital for 4 more weeks at least. The doctors are doing tests on her and trying to figure out exactly what is going on. That is exactly what I was afraid of when she joined my class. I was scared that she would get sick from us and she did although I know it may not have been our fault. It could have been from the store, from her sisters, or whereever else. We sent her drawings and pictures from her classmates and she loved that so we will continue to do that every week until she comes home.
Now, I really have to go. I am really late! :) Til next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment