Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ireland, day 8

Today we toured the Ring of Kerry.  The Ring of Kerry is a road that goes around the southwestern part of Ireland, along the coast.  It is one of the most amazing places I ever saw, along with Cinique Terre in Italy. It was a windy, rainy and foggy day but it only added to the mystique of the place. The tour guide called it "40 shades of green" and it's true! There's so many shades of green like you can see in the pictures. 

I will let pictures do the talking. 






Bay that has Atlantic Ocean waters... Other side of the Atlantic!

Almost as clear as the water in Marshall Islands 






We ate lunch at this place, supposed to have the best views.  Obviously we didn't have any when we arrived.  After a bit, the fog started to lift so we could see a bit of the views (see below).  Then it got foggy again!


My lunch! Shepherd pie.  Delish!!!!

Love the fog between the valleys









If you see raindrops on the tops of some pictures (like the one above), they were taken from inside the bus as we drove by.  We made several pit stops to enjoy the lush greenery and take pictures.

We stopped by Killarney for one hour.  It was windy and rainy so I just stayed in an outlet mall.  This is the only picture I took in Killarney. 


I definitely want to come back to the Ring of Kerry, rent a car and drive around to make more pit stops and really explore the area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment