Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Reading, day 12

Today was a low key day.  We didn't really have anything scheduled to do til our Stonehenge trip at 2:45 pm.  

I ran out of clothes (serious emergency) so had to drop them off at the hotel to be washed.  I have been looking for self service laundromat at each stop but could only find drop off service at the hotels.  I would very much prefer to do it myself but since I had no other clothes, k had to go ahead and use the drop off service.  I wrote clearly on the sheet to please not put certain clothes in the dryer.  I got my clothes back and guess what? Everything was put in the dryer.  I was pissed off especially since it cost 35 pounds (50 dollars!!!!!).  I will talk to the manager tomorrow.  For 50 dollars, I expect them to follow my instructions. 

So Abby and I went to Stonehenge.  I have always wanted to see it and abby wanted to see it again, so we joined the shuttle bus to Stonehenge.  It was a 1 1/2 hour drive. 

It was interesting to see the rocks and imagine how the people worked to place them, especially without machines like we have today. 


Twinsies for the day.  Thankfully Abby had a shirt I could borrow. 


Heel rock

After visiting the rocks, I decided to walk back to the visitors center.  Abby wanted to ride the shuttle so I had a leisurely walk through a pasture where cows were grazing.  

Sheep

Huge herd of cows

smaller group of cows.  The brown cow on the right kept on stsring at me. It was a bit creepy and I felt like it would be attacking me shortly.  The black cow is pregnant.  It's belly was huge!

Farmland


Bales of hay 

Stonehenge is visible from the road leading to Stonehenge. 

While on the shuttle ride back to the hotel, I chatted with a lady next to me.  It turned out that she is from Sweden and knows a very good friend of mine!  We had a good conversation about several things.  She knew a little American Sign Language and I knew a little Swedish sign language.  It gave me an opportunity to practice my Swedish sign language before I arrive in Sweden in a few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment