Sunday, July 5, 2015

London, day 2

This morning, Abby and I got some breakfast at the hostel.  I had a slice of bread with cheese and salami, an egg and apple along with delicious orange juice.  Then we got ready for our day.  

We went to the British museum.  I got in and was taken back by the beauty of the ceiling.  Check this out. 



I could spend days just looking at the ceiling, but that is not why we were there so we got a map and decided to follow the route that they recommend to get the best of the museum.  There were 11 things on that list and we found all of them. Some of the things on the list were a bit hard to find and we had to ask for assistance but we saw them all.  The interesting thing is that most of the stuff on display were stolen by the British.  

Cuneiform a

Double glass vase, the first layer was brown to make the picture show up 

Abby is in love with Cupid 

African sheet art 

Parthenon statues 

"Drinking" some water 

Easter island statue 

There was a special display of clothing worn by the Pacific.  I found where I left part of my heart. 


Told ya the ceiling was cool!

Then after the museum, we ate lunch/dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, Abby collects shirts from that place.  Durin dinner, we decided to check out Wimbledon.  There is a museum and your that is given, but we weren't sure if they would do that today since Wimbledon finals stsrts tomorrow.  The Website did say that all players have today off.  We took the tube to the stop and walked over to the area.  It was really amazing to see how clean and beautiful it is. We weren't able to see the museum, but had a great time walking around. 

People are camping out in hopes of getting a ticket to the match tomorrow.  There were about 300 tents. 




Um wrong sport. Abby!

Not too bad 

Map of the site inside the fence 

Center court 

Center court 

Pictures on side of fence 

Entrance is behind us 

Then we walked up a steep hill to get to the other tube station.  

Whoo it's hard to see in this pic but it was steeeep

Abby decided to play around with her camera, highlighting only the purple colors. 

Abby loves this picture 

 
Reward for all the walking and steep hills... We saw the London skyline!

After Wimbledon, we went to king's cross station to find platform 9 3/4 to enter harry potter's wizard world (wizards had to go through the wall on platform 9 3/4 to reach the train going to Hogwsrt's school of wizardry).  Jenny and I went in 2098, it was hard to find and no one was there. Imagine my surprise when I found this... There was a long line of people waiting to take a picture with the cart. 






More cool architecture!



We walked close to 11 miles and went up 25 stories in today's adventures!  We were exhausted and thought we would go to sleep when we reached the hostel. Well... We are still up, 2 hours after arriving! Haha

People here drive on the right side of the road so it's been a bit of an adjustment to remember to look left instead of right before crossing the road.  There are reminders like this all over London!  



Ok I need to get going so I can get some sleep and get ready for another busy day tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you both have good time in London and it's fun to see those pictures of you. Keep have fun and make crazy in London! See you soon! Hugs

    ReplyDelete