There is a ladder on each side of the tower and angels going up/down the ladder. I didn't notice it til someone pointed it out, so cool!
Bath is known for its Roman bathhouse. It was the northern most civilization of the Roman Empire. I had already seen a bathhouse in Italy so it wasn't too surprising to me but what was surprising is that they have exhibits to describe what it was like to use it, how to use it and even had the basin filled with water to make the experience more authentic.
How they got hot water... Hot water went through cracks from underneath the room, causing it to bubble up in the surface
A bit hard to see, but there are bubbles from water going up the crack in limestone. Hot water came from this pool and the Romans built aqueducts to transport water to other pools/rooms because this is considered the "sacred" pool and only important people could use it
When Abby and I arrived, the cashier saw us signing and asked me if I wanted a BSL (British sign language) guide. I told him no because I thought it was a live guide but then I found out it was electronic so I got one. It was really nice to be able to get the same information as the hearing people do. I was able to understand what the guy signed.
We couldn't touch the water in the pools because it was dirty. At the end of the museum, a sink dispensed water straight from the natural spring. We tasted it and could taste the sulfur. We didn't like it so I washed my hands with the water in hopes that it would give me good fortune. :)
After the Roman baths, we joined a group of people going to Sally Lunn's, the oldest house in Bath.
The food was delicious! Abby and I both ordered vegetable soup and hot chocolate (with bailey's for me). I was the first person to finish my lunch, which was surprising if you know how slow I usually eat.
After dinner, I was itching to go out for a run because we saw in the bus for two days in a row, so I went. It wasn't drizzly when I started. It started drizzling around my first mile and stopped around my third mile. Thanks, Mother Nature! I got 3.5 miles in though!
It felt funny not to be around the other people who joined the Ireland tour. We were stuck with each other for a week and now that we arent on the tour and the only CODAs around, I miss them! It was really nice being around them and chatting with them. On the other hand, it's going to be nice staying in one area for the next week. It was getting tiring having to pack and move my suitcase everyday.































No comments:
Post a Comment