Sunday, July 5, 2015

London! (Day 1)

Yes, exactly a month after I arrived to the mainland, I flew over the ocean for another trip.  This time, the destination is Europe, much different than the islands.  Clearly, I wasn't thinking when I bought the tickets.  

Abby and I left Chicago on July 3rd to fly to London.  I slept almost the entire flight although it wasn't very comfortable because I was very tired. We had quite an adventure the night before we went.  

Dad dropped us off at the airport 

Typical relationship we have... 

Abby's favorite part of o'hare...

Bye Chicago!

We landed into London with no problems, but had to wait in a super long immigration line to get our passports stamped.  


Finally we went through, got our suitcases and boarded the Tube to get to our hostel.  We both were exhausted at this point.  We arrived to the station where our hostel is located at and had a bit of a hard time finding it (I need you here, jenny! :)). We finally found the hostel, checked in and we both accidentally dozed off for a bit (oops).  

We had plans to go to the London eye, so we got out of bed and got ready to go out.  The first thing we saw when we got off the tube was Big Ben.  





Then we walked around looking for something to eat. I wanted to eat fish and chips (when in Rome, do as the Romans do), finally found a pub and got some fish and chips and a pint.  Then we walked back to the London eye.  Abby refused to ride on a Ferris wheel after a bad experience about 20 years ago.  I was surprised she agreed to go on it so I immediately bought tickets before coming out here in case she changed her mind :-). 





Pretending to be scared haha 


House of Parliament with British flag 

Westminster abbey. Abby and I had hoped to enter but they close at 330 and we were stuck in that long line at the airport :-(, plus they are closed for al the other days that we are here. 

Supreme Court 

Just a cool sight of buildings w London eye in background

The infamous London bus!

It was very beautiful during the day, and towards the evening, it started getting chilly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment